Child Custody And Visitation When Parents Are Separated Or Divorced

If you and your child's other parent are not married and living together while caring for that child, rest assured your family is not alone. According to U.S. Census Bureau data as presented and interpreted by the Institute for Family Studies, about one-third of American children live with only one birth parent (27 percent) or with a birth parent plus a stepparent (5 percent). In such cases, clear-cut child custody orders can safeguard parent-child relationships as well as the best interests of children.

Child Issues Are High-Stakes Family Law Matters For Divorcing Parents ...

An experienced and knowledgeable family law attorney can help you through the process of obtaining a workable court order for child custody and visitation. This area of family law is naturally one of the most emotional issues for parents and children alike. There may be no ideal child custody arrangement, but joint custody or another reasonable arrangement can put structure in place that will promote stability for your child.

... And For Separated Parents Or Grandparent Caregivers

Family circumstances requiring child custody orders vary considerably. You and your spouse may be separated, but without a divorce plan underway yet. You may be a grandparent seeking a child custody order for a grandchild you care for. Whatever your situation, Neyman Law Firm, PLLC, in Hernando, Mississippi, offers the guidance and direction you need.

Whether Part Of A Divorce Or Not, A Child Custody Order Requires Certain Steps — Child Support Is Also An Important Consideration

If your child custody and visitation matter is part of a divorce, the court order will be included in your divorce decree. Otherwise, you or the other parent can petition the court for a stand-alone custody order. The court may require steps such as counseling or mediation. If the child custody arrangement is contested, attorney Joseph D. Neyman Jr. can advise you on ways to resolve the matter while avoiding a costly, emotionally taxing custody battle. At the same time, he can help ensure that you pay or receive fair child support according to laws on that issue.

Consult With A Family Law Attorney Who Is A Certified Mediator: Joseph D. Neyman Jr.

To schedule a consultation about child custody, visitation, child support, or enforcement or modifications of court orders, contact lawyer Jody Neyman by calling 662-298-1973 or sending an email. From law offices in Hernando, we represent clients in child custody cases throughout DeSoto County, other nearby counties in Mississippi, and the Memphis, Tennessee, area.